Many people ask Why Young Living is the world leader in essential oils. The #1 defining factor is their unmatched commitment to producing a pure, unadulterated oil through the proprietary process they call Seed to Seal®. Young Living’s devotion to creating a highly therapeutic product means every step is detailed and controlled. If something in the production process doesn’t meet their standards, they get rid of it and start again. I stand by a company that truly cares .
Let me walk you through this process so you can see what makes Young Living so special.
STEP 1 | Seed
Powerful essential oils come from seeds and plants that are verified for their potential to produce high-quality essential oils.
STEP 2 | Cultivate
Young Living has farms around the world that are dedicated to perfecting their responsible and sustainable growing and harvesting methods.
Step 3 | Distill
Young Living is an innovator in essential oil distillation. They combine ancient and modern techniques for distilling and use a gentle, proprietary technique for steam extracting. Cold pressing and resin tapping methods are for select oils.
Step 4 | Test
Young Living never accepts diluted, cut or adulterated oils. To guarantee consistent quality, the oils are put to the test in Young Living’s own internal labs and in third-party facilities. This is to ensure that they meet stringent specifications, exceed international standards and contain the optimal levels of natural bioactive compounds.
Step 5 | Seal
Young Living completes the Seed to Seal process in its 107,000-square-foot facility in Spanish Fork, Utah. They use state of the art equipment to carefully bottle each essential oil up into protective amber glasses. Then off they go worldwide! The vast majority of essential oils on the market today are only suitable for cosmetics and perfumes. It is important to me to know that the apples I eat are free from pesticides and other unnecessary chemicals. It is doubly important that the essential oils I use to support my health and wellness will do just that without introducing any additives, synthetics or other toxins into my bodies.
Young Living is more expensive than other brands you can find at Whole Foods, Amazon and other local stores. However, you get what you pay for. Most of the other oils are cheap imitations, full of synthetics. You will find that the word “organic” is on plenty of these bottles. Unfortunately, an essential oil can have an organic and “pure” label as long as there is no less than 5% of it actually being pure. This means that the remaining 95% of the bottle can be full of additives, fillers and synthetics.
A simple way to test the purity of your essential oils is to do a freezer test. Place your bottle in the freezer for 4-5 hours. If any part of the oil freezes, it most likely contains synthetics and/or other compounds. A friend of mine tested Young Living’s Lemongrass essential oil against the brands shown below a few days ago using this freezer method. After 5 hours, the Young Living oil was the same while all the other oils were frozen. This wasn’t shocking because Young Living’s Seed to Seal promise is something I truly believe in.
Young Living produces superior high-quality pure oils, which makes them the leader in essential oils. I have watched their Seed to Seal® process take place at The Mona Farm in Utah. I hope to eventually visit all of the farms shown below.